Its Never Too Late to Start Your Fertility Foods Diet
If your diet is in shambles, your body is not in the best place to get pregnant. But don’t fret; it’s not too late to start implementing fertility foods in your diet to get you ready to conceive.
Know Your Fertility Foods Group
Let’s start out with the fertility foods group. The top fertility foods for women come from whole grains, plant protein, dairy products, and fruits and vegetables. Keep a mental note and get to know your fertility foods group well. These foods are packed with the necessary nutrients and essential minerals that a woman needs when trying to get pregnant. You’ll want to stay in this realm of fertility foods and try to stay away from anything from the trans fat food group (baked goods, processed foods, and fried foods.)
Fertility Foods vs Trans Fat Food
It may take some discipline but I’ll say it again: stay away from trans fat foods and try to eat only from the fertility foods group. Why? Not only is eating trans fats linked to heart disease, research has also linked it to infertility. Here’s a scary stat from this research; eating just 2% of total calories from unhealthy trans fat foods instead of selecting from foods from the healthier monounsaturated fats, had double risk for ovulation related fertility problems. 2% sounds small but if it increases your risk of conceiving in any way is enough to convince me to eat healthier. Especially if you are having trouble conceiving, every little bit helps. So get on that fertility foods diet as soon as you can and say goodbye to junk foods.
With that said, below is a list of some of the top fertility foods to help get you started.
7 Fertility Foods that Will Get Your Body Ready for Pregnancy
1. Almonds – Research has shown that monounsaturated fats can increase fertility. With almonds, not only do they taste great, they are a good source of monounsaturated fats. They are also loaded with protein, fiber, and powerful antioxidants which make them great fertility foods to include in your diet. Make sure that they are raw and not roasted so that you get their full benefits. Whether you use them as a snack or as a topping in your salad, you can’t deny that almonds are one of the most versatile fertility foods on this list.
2. Raw Organic Grapes – Do yourself a favor and buy this delicious fruit the next time you go grocery shopping. They contain vitamins K and C, and best of all, they are loaded with good antioxidants. You’ll need as much antioxidants as you can get because they are especially good for egg health and female fertility.
3. Spinach – Popeye’s favorite food should be yours too. Loaded with fiber and antioxidants, the best part is that it is a great source of plant protein. Plant protein is crucial when it comes to preparing for pregnancy, and it is superior when compared to animal protein. It is also high in folate, where studies have shown can improve ovulation. Spinach is one of the fertility foods that you should not ignore.
4. Whole Grain Bread – A cornerstone in fertility foods, they are good complex carbs that we all could benefit from. For a woman wanting to get pregnant, they help with weight control, as being overweight is not the best thing for a trying to conceive woman. And most importantly, they are good for regulating the blood sugar and insulin levels. A woman with increased insulin levels may have abnormal reproductive hormones.
5. Beans – Crucial for a woman who wants to conceive because they contain the all important nutrient, iron. Studies have shown that iron may reduce the risk of infertility. Beans are one of many great sources of iron which also makes them great fertility foods.
6. Avocados – The right kind of fats are important for good health, and they are equally important for fertility. Avocados contain the right kinds: monounsaturated fats and omega 3 fatty acids which aid in getting the body prepared for pregnancy. And best of all, they contain folic acid which helps boost fertility in women and men. For these reasons, I consider avocados one of the best fertility foods for your money.
7. Ice Cream – Yup, you heard me right. Rejoice now, fertility foods also come in desserts! Believe it or not, studies have shown that ice cream and other high fat dairy foods can help with fertility. Who says you can’t indulge a little when trying to get pregnant? But don’t go overboard; you still have to maintain a healthy weight.
One last thing to add, do not underestimate the benefits of drinking water on a daily basis. It will help you get rid of toxins in your body and you definitely don’t want that if your trying to get pregnant. Also, staying hydrated is an important factor in delivering all the key nutrients from the fertility foods that you will be consuming.
So the next time you go grocery shopping, walk past the donuts and fried chicken at the deli and make sure you stock up on fertility foods to optimize your chances of getting pregnant. It may be hard at first, but it is all worth it in looking forward to bringing that baby into the new world.
Time to Hear From You
Now that you’ve read the importance of fertility foods, I hope you add them to your diet if you’re trying to get pregnant. Do you have trouble staying away from trans fat foods? Can you add more fertility foods to this list? Please share. I’d love to hear from you.